Musings of the Day
Christmas... I don't usually celebrate Christmas. But my boyfriend's family does. So for the past three days, all I've been doing is Christmas! It's not a bad thing of course, just intensive.
I hope all of you are having happy holidays too! How do you spend Christmas? It doesn't have to be as elaborate as the past days have been for me of course. I would enjoy it just the same just sitting in front of the hearth with the cats. As for new year's resolutions.. I usually skip those. What about you? I did make a new year's resolution for cosplay though:
I want to make more than these, but the six listed here are cosplays I want to have done before the end of 2015.
1) Zephie: This thing has been sitting for three years in my closet now so it's about damn time I finished this monster.
2) Jadeon: I'm a huge lover of Perfect World International and their designs, so expect a shitload of cosplays from any MMO between now and the day I turn 60.
3) Machi: Because she's plain awesome. When I first saw Machi in the Hunter x Hunter opening, I told my boyfriend I wanted to cosplay her because she looks cute even though she had yet to appear in the episodes. Then in the 2011 version when she did her nen stitching magic on Hisoka, the inner seamstress in me squealed and I knew I had found my spirit animal.
4) Ara Haan: Because I promised to.
5+6) Got a few PRISM projects coming up but they'll be released on the page. Just put 'em up there to let you know that there will be group projects again.
7) May: I actually started on her before the existence of ORAS was even announced but like 8492375 other projects, this one is eating dust in my closet.
8) Fi: Ever since I met Rei-Suzuki I've been telling her I'd cosplay Fi but I'm a lazy shit.
9) Amaterasu: 2013 cosplay. I keep upgrading her but now I hope to get her to the end result.
PRISM Christmas & Lolita Shoot
Aside from the christmas stress, it's high traffic at our cosplay page right now as well. A month ago we had our annual PRISM fashion shoot with Jacky Cheung. I wanted to send out some personalized christmas cards, so I asked the other girls if they wanted to join me in a christmas shoot and I'm happy they obliged! We also added Lolita as a second set. Much fun that day! Never seen a christmas tree set up that fast. Mad skills.
Jacky's gundam model holding up our Christmas card
So after that we decided to send the leftover cards to some of our followers! I'm very happy with the positive response! I've done the same before with Monokuro Cafe, but this time I spent a lot more time and effort (and money lol) to make the cards look as glamorous and personal as possible. What do you think?
Giveaway!! PRISM Calendar
So amidst the stress, fellow PRISM member KaoruLily stopped by to give me a christmas present.. this beautiful calendar! We always seem to think the same as I was just going to ask the others to participate in a calendar project following the response on the cards... she really surprised me with this. I did not expect to see said calendar actually happen.
After we had shared pictures of these calendars on our pages, the amount of requests was clear enough we had to host a giveaway! So if you want one of these calendars yourself, please follow the instructions on the page, right here:
Winners: RWBY Halloween Contest and Kyman Cheng Photography Giveaway
The contest at RWBY has ended! Congratulations to dishwasher1910 for winning first place!
You can see the runner ups and honorable mentions right here:
CONTEST VOTING IS OVER! RESULTS ARE IN!!Here are the winners!
First Place: By dishwasher1910
Second Place: By husk57
Third Place: By ThisIsntClaire
Congratulations to out winners! If you have offered prizes, please get ready to send/note the winners what they have won.
And now here are the honorable mentions as chosen by group admins!
I really love this piece! The artist has a lot of artistic skill and the costume designs are amazing! The picture composition and poses are also very dynamic. Awesome job!
I'm actually surprised it did not come in the top three. Its lighting and style are fantastic in my opinion. Also the whole witch concept for blake makes sense hahahahaah.
For me, this piece speaks the loudest. It's eery, not blatantly attempting to be scary. It speaks for Weiss's character (at least, before the writers broke it in Volume 2). It speaks for the atmosphere on how
As one of the prize contributors, I sent him two signed prints of our Ruby and Adam cosplays.
And there's also been a giveaway at Kyman Cheng Photography
for hitting 500 likes! Two prints of my Ruby cosplay have been given away to Sarah Janssen and Amanda Leigh Stack
. Thanks for participating!
Okay, the length of this journal makes it clear I should update more often. If you want to see updates more frequently (and photos not shared on deviantart), please follow my page: www.facebook.com/ChangeOfCanva…Happy Holidays!